该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

营长

积分

社区居民

发表于 2010-5-20 10:13:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

逐浪搞了个什么官场小说PK,六月底结束,七月公布结果。虚心地说,稳进前三,不虚心的话,嘿嘿……(本月已得票1万1左右,比第二名多7000票)。貌似可以整餐劲的了。

话说这几个月老兰怎么没人发动聚一聚了。

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

排长

积分

社区居民

发表于 2010-5-31 00:18:33 | 显示全部楼层

恭喜东东,羡慕在家的老兰。

回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

1万

帖子

6万

积分

版主

积分

社区居民忠实会员最爱沙发

发表于 2010-5-20 11:18:55 | 显示全部楼层

冒味坐一次沙发,但愿不是冷板凳、、、、、、

回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

工兵

积分
发表于 2010-5-20 13:34:51 | 显示全部楼层

Underline the important viewpoints while reading.

l. Benefits of Smoking

Sir, The. essential fact about smoking, which most commentators of recent years seem to have ignored is that cigarettes give a vast number of people a good deal of pleasure a lot of the time. That is way the world smoked almost 5, 000, 000, 000, 000 of them last year; approximately 1, 200 for every man., woman. and child on earth.
wow power leveling
None of which proves that smoking may not cause cancer or other illnesses. wow power leveling But, as the late Compton Maekenzie wrote, \"If cigarettes vanished from. ihe earth today, I believe the world would go to war again within a comparatively short time.\"
An extravaga.nt exaggeration, perhaps. But certainly tempers would be shorter, nastier and more brufiah.
Yours faithfully,
Winston fletcher

2.Is Smoking a Bad Habit?

1, a casual smokery always wonder if smoking is really a bad habit. If it is, why does our country produce such a large riumber of cigarettes every year? (As you know, Chi.na is the largsst cigarette producing country in the world. ) If it is,. why do so many girls adrnire handsome boys with a cigarette on their lip?

wow cd keys,
In my opinion, wow cd keys smoking is only an amusement, like playing cards, reading, etc. Many years ago, when an adult handed me a cigarette and lit it for me, I felt grown up. When I am with friends and have nothing to say, we smoke, consequently we no longer feel embarrassed.
Sometimes, I light a cigarette, watching my loneliness, suffering and nervousness vanishing with the smoke, I can't help saying inwardly: Hello, cigarette, my old friend, I' m coming to meet you again.

3. Smokers of the World, Unite

It can scarcely have escaped the notice of thinking men, I think, being a thinking man myself, that the forces of darkness opposed to those of us who like a quiet smoke are gathering momentum daily and starting to throw their weight about more somewhat. Every morning I read in the papers a long article by another of those doctors who are the spearhead of the movement. Tobacco, they say, plugs up the arteries and lowers the temperature of the body extremities, and if you reply that you like your arteries plugged up and are all for having the temperature of your body extremities lowered, especially during the summer months, they bring up that cat again.

wow power leveling
It is pitiful to think that that is how these men spend iheir lives, wow power leveling putting drops of nicotine on the tongues of cats day after day. Slavas to a habit, is the way I look at it. But if you tell them that and urge them to pull themselves together and throw off the shackles, they just look at you with fishy eyes and mumble something about it can't be done. Of course it can be done. All it requires is will power. If they were to say to themselves, \"I will not start putting nicotine on cats' tongue till after lunch\" it would be a simple step to knocking off during the afternoon, and by degrees they would find that they could abstain altogether. The first cat of the cats is the hard one to give up. Conquer the impulse for the after-breakfast cat, and the battle is half won.

4. Common Sense about Smoking

It is often said, \"I know all about the risk to my health, but I think that the risk is worth it.\" When this statement is true it should be accepted. Everyone has the right to choose what risks they take, however great they may be. However, often the statement really means, \"I have a nasty feeling that smoking is bad for my health, but I would rather not think about it.\" With some of these people the bluff can be called and they can be asked to explain what they think the risk to their own health is. When this is done few get very far in personal terms.

World of Warcraft power leveling,
and pulls the trigger. World of Warcraft power leveling One of the difficulties in impressing these facts on pgople is that, despite the current epidemic of lung cancer, because it is a disease which kills relatively quickly, there are many who have as yet no gxperience of it among their family or friends.

5. On Smoking -Its History and Harm

Tobacco smoking is believed to have started in Central and South America. Nearly 500 years ago explorers who went there with Columbus brought back to Europe the habit of pipe smoking, which they had Learned from the New World Indians. It was introduced into China from Luson during the Ming dynasty.

A recent survey report says that children exposed to parental cigarette smoke may be put at a higher risk of developing lung disease later in fheir lives. Passive exposure to smoke may. also interfere with normal lung growth in young children. There is a strong association between parental smoking and children' s pulmonary function. Children who recorded the weakest lung function were found to be smokers themselves and to have parents or brothers and sisters who smoked.
So let us join together to launch a mass movement to break this harmful smoking habit, and build ourselves up, healthy and strong, to work hard for the four modernizations.

6. Call to Stop Offering Cigarettes!

To the Chinese, who claim to have invented rules of etiquette, offering igarettes is a way of being hospitable to guests.
When somebody calls, first of all, the host would offer him a cigarette and a cup of tea. In the countryside, hospitable, old men often allow visiting guests to share the long-stemmed Chinese pipe which they themselves are smoking. At wedding ceremonies, brides would offer cigarettes to all guests who came to eXpress their congratulations and light the cigarettes for.each of them one after another.
wow gold,
Not to offer cigarettes does not mean one is inhospitable. wow gold The cigarette packet is on the table. If you cannot check your craving for one at the risk of your health, you may. But you will have to bear the consequences
yourself.
You had better also bear in mind that while you are smoking and harming yourself, you are also polluting the air and hurting others.

7. Smoking Is a Bad Habit

Smoking is a bad habit. Firstly, it ruins people's health. Health experts have warned us for years that smoking can lead to heart disease, lung cancer and various respiratory ailments. The World Health Organization says diseases linked to smoking kill at least 2, 500, 000 people each year. Research conducted in many countries also indicates that pregnant women who smoke run the risk of having deformed babies. Besides, it has been proven beyond doubt that when a person smokes, he subjects the people around him not only to great discomfort but also to physical harm.
world of warcraft power leveling,
Thirdly, world of warcraft power leveling smoking has a bad impact on the psyche of the smokers. After realizing the bad effects of smoking, many people try to give up smoking. but no matter how hard they try ,some of them just can't resist the temptation to smoke again. Gradually, they lose confidence in themselves and get used to making excuses.

Should Smoking Be Prohibited?

回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

营长

积分

社区居民

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-20 17:12:47 | 显示全部楼层

楼上那么长篇大段,有多少人看得懂?

老实说,我就看不懂。不会是外站的广告吧?

回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

2万

帖子

39万

积分

军长

写诗而不被称为诗人是罕见 的福

积分

社区居民忠实会员社区劳模最爱沙发

发表于 2010-5-21 02:52:06 | 显示全部楼层
[quote user=\"怎么了东东\"

逐浪搞了个什么官场小说PK,六月底结束,七月公布结果。虚心地说,稳进前三,不虚心的话,嘿嘿……(本月已得票1万1左右,比第二名多7000票)。貌似可以整餐劲的了。

话说这几个月老兰怎么没人发动聚一聚了。

貌似楼主“钱多”,“人傻”,老兰们怎么还不“快来”,整餐劲的?
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

版主

搜集和贩卖台山的美食美景

积分

社区居民

发表于 2010-5-21 10:53:57 | 显示全部楼层
老忙,本月底还不行。6月吧,庆祝庆祝,吃定你的。
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

排长

积分

社区居民

发表于 2010-5-24 23:50:59 | 显示全部楼层
不要说老兰好久没聚,我们几个酒友也好似有好久没聚了。搞到我都戒了酒。
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

连长

积分
发表于 2010-5-26 14:45:37 | 显示全部楼层
先贺着,等着吃餐劲的罗
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

帖子

积分

连长

积分

社区居民忠实会员

发表于 2010-6-26 19:48:45 | 显示全部楼层

值得庆贺,天公不负辛勤人!

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|台山同学会 ( 粤ICP备17038726号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 06:32 , Processed in 0.348030 second(s), 24 queries .